Friday, January 17, 2020

Whooping Friday


The Harry Potter Quilt has been finished - will post photos once I get them.  Hey, I was holding the quilt while someone else took them.  But I have started a new project with a mix of new and scrap fabrics.  I had ordered a full line of specific fabric for this, but they messed up the order (and taking over 3 weeks to arrive) and I have to get this done.  This is the third bad order in a row from this shop.  I've done business with them for a very long time, but they have gotten really bad in the last year - they have lost a customer. 

  
This is the pattern I am using - as a guide.  You will be changing a few things to fit a challenge.   The quilt show in April is celebrating it's 10th Anniversary and the Theme Challenge is "Diamonds & Daffodils".  I hope to finish piecing this into a flimsy today and get it quilted over the weekend.  It's to be another snow stormy weekend - good time to tackle this.


And I caught Bella on camera - she runs when she hears that turned on.  She is purrfectly fond with Buddy the Pony, so she is trying to become Bella the Buffalo.  OYI - when she gets to the vet for her annual - the shame!!!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

Calicojoan said...

I've got "Stitch Happens" in my pile of UFO's. Every time I see it, I think I really need to find and finish it! LOL!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a cute wall hanging that is going to be when you get it finished!!!

Nancy J said...

Love the pattern, and the ginger girl, they are so special

kiwikid said...

Love your machine block, so many little pieces things in there. Good time to be inside and sewing with a storm coming. Bella is beautiful.

Cheryll said...

Shame about the fabric order... so gOOd luck with it's finish...xox

Vireya said...

Your adapted pattern is looking good!

Barbara said...

Love that sewing machine pattern. Curious about the shop. I’ve had problems with a certain shop, and decided to stop doing business with them. Bella looks pretty comfy there.

Kate said...

That sewing machine pattern is very cute! Sorry the shop messed up your order. That has to be very, very frustrating. Happy stitching this week.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Cute pattern and cuter quilt assistant

Susan said...

Cute sewing machine pattern. Looking forward to seeing how you change it up. Bella reminds me of my late cat, Patches.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love you quilty sewing machine!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry about the quilt shop. I have that pattern, and need to make it up.