Friday, January 10, 2020

RSC2020


OK, I have been nose to the grindstone with quilting, binding prep and hand stitching that binding, and making hanging sleeves.  I need some time to play.


I wasn't going to play with this month's color of LIME GREEN as I really don't have much and not a small project in mine.  BUT, that scrappy need to play hit hard so I dumped out my barrel of 1.5" squares to dig out greens.


Some of these greens look blue and some grey, but they all are within the light green spectrum.  I'm pulling dark greens as well.   Just some 16 patches that don't have a finally plan - just some play time for now.


Yes, he's still at it.  Want to catch a cat - put out a box.  Our weather here has been hard to deal with for me and the furkids.  We get to single digits with ice/snow and then jump up into the 40-50's with rain making it very muddy.  We are going to possibly see 60's over the weekend!  But to follow with that cold and snow again.

I'll take a day to scrap play and then back to the last few stitches of binding.  Then add those hanging sleeves and attach labels - my entries for the April show will be ready.  Paperwork needs to be in by Feb. 15th (to be done next week) - so I will be ahead of schedule.  

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Playing is good for you and your 16P is the perfect no-stress place to play!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your little 16 patches.so cute.i didnt even see them in the barrel pile. Lol

Lyndsey said...

I love playing with scraps. The little 16 patches are very cute

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good for you on taking some time out to PLAY in your SCRAPS!!! :o))

Barbara said...

I don’t blame you one bit for wanting some playtime. My hand-quilting project puts me in the same frame of mind. Those greens look like fun.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Yuck to the weather, but cute cat.

loulee said...

Cute wee blocks. It's always fun to play with scraps.
Kitty has the right idea, hide in a box and the weather can't get him.

Susie H said...

Nothing wrong with finishing a few projects. I find sewing down bindings relaxing. Perhaps it's the satisfaction of getting a quilt done! Love your cat trap!!! Lol!