Monday, November 12, 2018

Monday Making


I can no longer stuff any more into my 2.5" barrels, so some serious stitching needs to be under taken.  This seems to be the most used size when I break down gifted scrap bags, so this barrel fills up rather fast.
And, I do have more to break down.


 The postage stamp is the quickest way to use them up.  I know, I have one going with the 1.5" squares as well.  This size works nicely for when you don't need to have your brain in full focus.  I can stop mid stream and do other things and then come back to it without trying to figure out where you left off.  Plus, they seem to be the most popular selling quilts in the shop right now.

I have to put the finishing touches on my block for the Susan B Anthony Project 2020 - to scroll menu use the 3 bars on the top right corner.  You will find the story, block construction, and registration form should you be interested.  Our guild is submitting a few blocks, as we got interested in this when the Empire Quilt Fest show had the first 40 blocks for one of our special exhibits.  I'll post a photo when it is done.

Cold and rainy day - some stitching, organizing (still), soup in the crock pot, maybe I'll even get a quilt basted - a good day.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

kiwikid said...

Great way to use up scraps.

Denise :) said...

Yup, a great way to use up scraps! It was cold and rainy here, to. Blah. I hope your mom is feeling better? :)

sewyouquilt2 said...

You are a quilting machine. Love using scraps like this

Cheryll said...

Yes... scraps have a tendency to multiply, don't they?

Kate said...

Sounds like you've got a path forward on the those scraps.

Nancy said...

Right now I am hooked on scrappy quilts. Maybe it is because I have so many scraps. :)
Thanks for the post.
nanrae44@hotmail.com