Thursday, October 18, 2018

Whoop, Whoop Friday


I finished up the Sajou mini.  I didn't like the final border that Lori revealed, but I liked how it was just at this stage.  So I stayed at this finish and got it quickly quilted for a table topper.  The binding fabric is the same as what I used on the back.


The guild BOM made in the mini form was finished up as well.  The back is the maroon gum leaf print as well.


I quilted up a charity quilt as well, if it ever stops raining or blowing up a storm- I'll get an outdoor photo of that one to share.

With three finishes I am treating myself to a day of play by dumping a baggy of scraps.  I have to knuckle down over the weekend on a commission piece - so this pile better get some quick work.


I have been on a bit of a shopping spree.  I took my SIL to the new shop 'Bloom' where I bought that fabulous 'Zentangle' panel.  I wanted this - 'Thicket' by gingiber (zest for your nest) for Moda.


As well as her 'Catnip' - just LOVE!


Then I saw this panel on the wall - On The Farm - Andover Fabrics.  I bought two so I could share with a quild member who has a mini farm.  I'll have to pick up some bandana fabric for this.  I picked up another 'no so halloween' print of bats and candleabras that I gave to another guild member - I gave it to her before I got to taking photos.  She's a bat expert and travels the world studying them - always looking for bat fabric.


You have to look closely, but that little print is sheep.  How stinkin' cute - my 'just have to have because' pieces.  Scored the last of her Zen Chick 'background', the "Catnip" jelly roll, and I have wanted to play with Kaffe Fassett for a long time - a collection design bundle that is soon to get cut into.


Then this came in the mail from Connecting Threads.  My thread order (and then they had the sale - on now) and 10 yards of Osnaburg Muslin for a special project this winter.

Now I have to save my pennies (thanks to Val's Piggy Bank Challenge) for a LGS sale in February for a stock up on extra wide backing.  I think my hibernation this winter is actually going to be pretty busy playing with all these goodies.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

15 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Looks like you are ready for colder weather and hunkering down with a good project.

Frog Quilter said...

Looks like fun with all those goodies.

Debbie said...

Quite a haul of good things. Your play time will be greatly enhanced this winter. Love the kittie print one.

MissPat said...

The Kaffe bundle is so unlike your usual palette. I'm anxious to see how you use them. I love Wanda Hanson's (Exuberant Color) Kaffe quilts, but haven't collected enough of them to really do a project.
Pat

Barbara said...

Those fabrics are adorable! I love the farm panel...and the cats...and the sheep...heck, I love all of them. Makes me want to go on my own shopping spree.

Ellie said...

Really like your Sajou mini! Can’t wait to see what you do with the Kaffe. I have a similar pack.

KatieQ said...

What a great haul of fabric. I love the quilt guild BOM mini. I checked out the Bloom website. They have lots of tempting fabrics and it looks like a nice place for a retreat.

Libby in TN said...

I bought that first panel in Alaska, along with some black and white prints. I am anxious to see what you do with it as I have no ideas,, yet.

tink's mom said...

Your new fabrics are wonderful. Love the Zen. Today I hit the local Joanns and got some neutral wide back fabric for 60% off. I love coupons and I am crazy about wide back fabric for everything. Usually a great amount of fabric for the money.

Angie in SoCal said...

Your Sajou is precious. I like that guild mini too. Congrats on your finishes.

Quilting Babcia said...

The Sajou mini turned out great. We've seen a lot of variations in those that have been posted so far, it was a fun quilt-along. On the farm is a great panel, I need to be on the lookout for one for one of the younger grands or even a donation quilt.

Doniene said...

Such sweet fabrics for Sajou! Lovely finish!! All you other projects look like they keep you hopping!

Blessings and hugs!

Danice G said...

Sajou is pretty, as are the other little quilts.

Unknown said...

Pretty fun to make it as you wish!

Lori said...

How lovely! That center fabric is super pretty!