Monday, October 15, 2018

Monday Making


Monday I busied myself with quilt guild stuff.  We are having a block of the month this year and the first block was a 'mosaic' offered in five different sizes so members can chose what is their taste.  Of course I made the smallest size - nine blocks to go into a mini.  BUT I am, also, planning to make the 12" size as well - it will make a good sampler quilt for donation.

We had an ornament making, tutorial, demonstration guild meeting with lots of handouts and kits.  I'll takle those kits once the mini is done.  I'll donate the ornaments to one of the local events.

   
Saturday we had our first snow - SNOW!!!  It was raining, but cold enough that occassionally it switched to those drat white things.  Not enough to gather or make for a pretty 'first snow' picture - BUT SNOW - on Oct 13th, really?

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Snow, well then, Hot Chocolate is perfect for the COLD weather.

kiwikid said...

Lots happening at your Guild. So early for snow to be falling!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Oh no. We usually get your weather after you. I am not ready for snow.
Love making ornaments. Hope you show us yours

Julierose said...

SNOW? Yikes--it has gotten colder here for sure, but no white stuff as yet...I want to make some ornaments this year, too...still looking for ideas...hugs, Julierose

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really nice block. We finally got...cool here in Texas, but way too much rain.

Sarah said...

Wow! Snow!! I was surprised to wake to 33F this morning. There was a big hoopla last weekend about frost warnings and it only got down to 40F but no fuss for this morning. Maybe it's time to close the bedroom window? We are expecting grapple this weekend...

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

There was snow an hour from our house last week. I'm not ready for winter yet. I want fall weather.