Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Scrappy Wednesday


I had found this cute frog print when I was working thru the juvenile print tote.  I still am trying to manage all the greens, so a perfect fit to make some simple boxed squares.  I thru just a few red in there for fun.  Now to get this into a flimsy.  I think there is enough of the froggy print for a small border and I have good yardage left from an extra-wide for the back.  I think a scrappy green binding will tie it all together.


This lovely single block was in one of the gifted scrap baggies, so turning it into a little table topper.


A small piece of a border print was cut into wedges and turned into reverse blocks.  These will be small table toppers as well.  In my shelf reorganization I found this lovely Mary Koval print I think I picked up at our guild's de-stash meeting.  The light brown dot will work great for a back to whip up a nice table runner.


I'll scrounge thru the left over binding drawer and see if I have something for bindings; if not, to the FQ totes.  All these smaller projects are using up my scraps of batt as well - plus!

It's to be another warm, sunny day so I hope to get a walk or two in with the furkids.  Although they are day slugs; then hunt all night.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

kiwikid said...

Great frog print, you are working on some great projects there.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your frog start. So so cute

Nancy J said...

Warm and sunny, wow, those words warm my heart. We had 0 Celsius this morning, and now at 8 p.m. about 2 C. Going to be a cold night. Frogs with green and red, what a super way to have those blocks.

Michele said...

That frog print is adorable.

Kate said...

The froggy print is fun! And you've got a great start on some pretty table toppers. Even better they use up those smaller bat scraps. Happy stitching today.

Barbara said...

Very cute stuff. You’re so clever with your scraps.

Ellie said...

Love the foggy print and that will make a cute kids quilt! Pretty table toppers too!

Bridie said...

Very cute froggies.

Julierose said...

Isn't it amazing what you find when re-organizing--lovely table toppers and really adorable froggy print...hugs, Julierose