Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Scrappy Wednesday


I have a few ungoing projects that I will some piece work on as leader/enders.  There are just 8 more of the 'ribbon' blocks left that need their flip corners put on to snowball them.  Then those corner cut offs fall into another leader/ender project as hour glass blocks.


I have just 10 more dark and 10 more light Temecula Quilt Co. snowball blocks to add corners to.  I have just been attaching cornes - no clipping and turning as yet.  This is a long term project, so I am not rushing.


The newest temperature rosette is done.  Mother Nature and Father Winter are playing games with each other over the last few days; and looks to  continue in our next few weeks.  We swirl up and down at thier whimsy - and I have a green in this one!

43 - 50 - 35 - 30 - 32 - 41 - 51


My main goal is to do something with the over flowing black tote.  I don't even know where the lid is as I tucked it away because you just couldn't get it on a shoebox size that is trying to hold 3 x's it's amount.  This will be worked down into 3 projects.  Hey, while that pile of fabric is dumped use it to it's fullest.  It all has to be sorted, pressed, cut - might as well go into a plan (or plans).



 I've always wanted to make SALLY'S POODLE block and it being the Year of the Dog, it is a good time to make these.  My larger blacks and I even pulled my tote of gray for some of the darker prints are going to make some cute poodles.  


There's a lot of cutting, piecing, and keeping a real good track on what goes where.  BUT, aren't they just too stinkin' cute!!??

From those blacks (and some of the grays) I'm cutting 2.5" x 6.5" bricks for a coin quilt and 2" squares for some 9-patches.  Anything else will get broken down into my barrel and string system.

Hope you get to play in your scraps today,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

15 comments:

Debbie said...

What a dog!!! He is really really cute! Love all your scrapiness....every time:)

Sarah Craig said...

Love that little poodle block! As usual, you are making great headway with your scraps.... I'm jealous!

Barbara said...

Ooooh, I love those rich browns, and your dog is adorable!

kiwikid said...

Love the poodles!! Boy your scraps are getting a great work out.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute poodle!

tink's mom said...

That puppy is too cute for words. Love her.

Sally Trude said...

Year of the dog! Wonderful! Great inspiration for looking for my poodle project...

KatieQ said...

The poodle pieces may be fiddly to work with (I imagine all pedigree dogs are), but the block is adorable.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your poodle and scrap projects
So fun

Vireya said...

What a cute poodle! Sally designs some fantastic blocks.

gayle said...

Sally makes the best blocks, doesn't she? Your poodles are going to be fantastic!

Lesley said...

Love the way you make the most of your scraps! You always have such a variety of beautiful projects!

Kate said...

You've got lots of scrappy fun going on in your sewing room. Love that poodle!

Sarah said...

Mother and Father are really messing with us this year! We hit 60 today and now we are heading into another rain/snow storm - in fact, they just upped us to 6-11" of snow possible. I adore those poodle blocks - can't wait to see how you set them. Will some of them face the other direction?

Wonky Girl said...

Yes, they are too stinken cute !!! Thank you x's a zillion for posting the link. We have 4 standards, 1 moyen and a mini not to mention the malti-poo. So you gotta know I'll be starting some poodle blocks soon. Whoo- hoo !!!