Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday



Since I am in a finishing mode, I want to try and wrap up the Burgoyne Surrounded project.  These were wonderful fabric scraps gifted to me by a guild member.  She wanted to repay me for all the fabrics I have passed on to her and others.  I told her to bring me some uglies.  These are not uglies - I love them!  As they say, ones man's  trash is another man's treasures.

Also, with that saying - our guild had a swap/sale/UFOs/free last night as our guild program.  Yup, we all wanted to glean out!  Since I had already gleaned fabrics, I took a lot of patterns, books, and magazines. Left over fabrics were donated to the church sewing group, the left over patterns to save for our guild table at Empire Quilt Fest, and the left over books/magazines will be donated to the local libraries.

AND YES - I did bring fabric home!  It's still in the back of the car and once I've hauled it in and laid it out for proper storage, I will post up a photo.

  
The newest rosette for my temperature quilt.  A  color change on my scale.  The Aqua quickly turned to light blues and a dip into the darker blues.  I think I was mourning the loss of my last few flowers with that one fabric selection. 

42 - 46 - 29 - 30 - 36 - 38 - 38

Take time to play today,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

That is getting colder. And a swap, give-away, and more, what a wonderful way to share and donate.

Lesley said...

I am in love with your Burgoyne blocks...gorgeous, and I agree that fabric is beautiful!

Vireya said...

Your blue and aqua rosette looks like so many of mine did through winter. But you have already gone colder than I did!

Sarah said...

Fall is definitely here with the new colors and the all over the place temps. We are expecting a little white stuff this afternoon...

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

The first one is my favorite. Perfect colors. Love your hexie as well.

Kate said...

The Burgoyne Surrounded is looking grand. Hope you can sit and sew during this most recent cold snap.