Sunday, November 19, 2017

Fabric Out-Fabric In


I've been trying to get some projects finished before the end of the year.  This is one of the flower pounding pieces I did at our guild's workshop a month ago.  I hope to get the other two done as well.


The Burgoyne Surrounded is in the final phase - borders!!  My Bane!!  I just have the last large floral border. I am going to have to do some real fiddling to get  the piecing to match up to make the length I need as I only have just so much fabric.  There is a piece JUST large enough for the binding and I have a fabric for the back.  More fabric out.


We were reminded to bring bags with us to the next quilt guild meeting for our swap/share/free night - I brought a tub.  Well, it had a lot of books, magazines, and patterns in it to take for the night - BUT....


I filled it back up with some plushies, flannels, and kid print scraps....


Some yardage that no one wanted.  Yes, I waited until pretty much everyone went thru and selected before I browsed.  We have a pillowcase drive for Christmas and I plan to use some of these with things off the shelf.


My camera batties are low, thus the poor pictures.  Some floral  scraps in about FQ size.


This was a mix of shirting, ticking, and light weight denim.  This fills my basket of a planned project for January.


A baggy of Home Decor weight swatches perfect for small bags and wristlets.


A box of homespuns with a basket project started.  There was a pattern with this, but someone wanted just the pattern - I can figure this out, so let her have the pattern.


A box of American Jane and some 'real' 30's fabrics - oh, boy!!


Three of this panel.  I tried to convince everyome that these make for quick baby quilts - no takers so I took them all.


This adorable panel is going to fun to add borders to for a quick quilt.


A cute tin full of buttons, threads, and I only took one pattern (set).


And these were from my ventures to quilt shops.  The FQ bundle is 'Quill' by Three Sisters (when I had my Juki fixed) - the owl plushie and cute chicken fabric I bought when I took the landscaping class.

I think I am ready for next year with new fabrics and plenty of new scraps (I have all those bags, too).  Oh, and I hit a thread sale on-line - yup, ready for 2018!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

10 comments:

Nancy J said...

Goodies like those are a piece of heaven. Love the panel, the owls, the baskets started, what a great idea there, and a bin full to bring home.

Sarah said...

I'm not sure jow full the bin was to give away but you've got lotsa great "new" fabrics to play with. Score on the real 30s fabric!!

Quilting Babcia said...

Some real treasures there, that homespun basket grouping for one! No matter how much fabric we have in our closets, it's always inspiring to have something new to consider and plan a new quilt for. Happy Thanksgiving - snowing here this morning, with more to come in the next couple days.

Debbie said...

What a give away/trade night you had!!!! You brought home great goodies, and I am sure you left items that were just as good! Loving those basket blocks, I know you will make them spectacular!

Barbara said...

That's quite a haul! One quilter's trash...Lucky you finding those real 30's fabrics!

Lesley said...

Definitely looks like you are ready for the new year! I know you will have lots of fun!

Michele said...

Wow you certainly did gain a lot to work with.

Kate said...

You did really well! Lots of fun fabrics for new projects in 2018.

kiwikid said...

you have lots of wonderful fabrics there.

Unknown said...

Very Nice Collection.keep up the Good work..

Best Embroidery Designs>> Embroidery Brother Machines