Monday, October 23, 2017

Monday Making


Monday's post is a little late to say the least - internet problems.  This is the last quilt commission - just to quilt this wallhanging.  My Juki must have taken my threats of tossing her out the door to heart, because she behaved all day.  I was able to get this done in good time and then a clean up of tables and supplies to get ready for the next project.  Just two bags to make and I can spend time on my own things.

 
On one of my 'shoulder' breaks from quilting, I looked out the window and saw those same colors.  Golds and rusty reds amongst some green!  I had to take some outdoor photos before this wonderful glow is gone.


This just cracked me up as it looks like one solid field of harvest ready corn with a tree line/power units running thru it.  BUT it is two fields with a major road between them.


I've shown these trees on the hillside when they were just getting some color.  They finish out fast and then gone to the winds and time.  You just know snow is not far behind with these signs.


A fuzzy picture, but you can see we are going into the last hurrah.  Golds and rust with the evergreens still bright.  With the loss of leaves, we can see our distant neighbors now.

Like our wonderful weather of late, it too shall pass once this gorgeous Fall glow has faded.  Until then, I am going to try and get time each day to soak it all in.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

Green fields or paddocks as we say down here, and golden leaves, the beauty of autumn before the bareness and stark beauty of winter, I like the boldness of bare branches.

sewyouquilt2 said...

yes a good idea to soak in the Fall goodness. it will seem a long way until Spring once the cold and snow starts.

Kate said...

You live in a beautiful part of the country. We still have a lot of green in with the beginnings of red, purples and gold. If it snows this weekend, all the leaves will just fall off. Oh well, I'm enjoying what color we get.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Our little bit of fall color was blown off the trees yesterday with a rainstorm and high winds. I am hoping that the leaves left will be turning soon before they are all gone.

Susie said...

Love the pictures of the corn and the little candy tufts of trees and the Autumn colours of the trees. Ours are just starting to fade now too. Hugs, Susie x

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Although the leaves are falling, we are still pretty green here. Love Fall when the leaves are everywhere and you can see the sky.

Rebecca said...

Love that gold field with what looks like a rose pink (on my monitor) I never would have thought to do that on a quilt but I keep coming back to the photo.

Barbara said...

Beautiful photos of the outdoors. I love that I can now picture you in your place. Hope your shoulder feels better.