Sunday, January 15, 2017

Monday Making 1/16/17


I will joining BETH with some block making.  Switching from scraps to some NEW fabric.  I love scraps, but there is something about new fabrics to freshen inspiration.  They , also, freshen up the scrap pile.


I pulled some of my Rhoda Ruth and Kona 30th Anniversary solid FQ bundles for a test quilt.  I was going to go scrappy for this test quilt, but I have wanted to play with these bundles - so new it is - actually they have been on the shelf a while.


I pulled my Katherine Ann by Patrick Loose to use for the Patch Work Sampler with Fat Quarter Shop.  They haven't listed the fabric requirements, but I think there is plenty of mix with this bundle and there is 4 yards of the Kona Snow - should be just fine.

Yes, I have several boxes of pay-it-forward to send out today and the large brown box arrived the other day and holds my staple Kona's which should last at least half way thru the year.


My tote filled with supplies for Cindy @ Quilt Doodle QAL.  A Dresdan Plate has been on my bucket list, so this works perfect with my left over 30's, feed sacks, and some new.  I'll be hand stitching this one so will take me a little more time.



Then there was this new and old mix for Pat Sloan's Solstice QAL.


I'm a little behind with this one and finished the cabin block and have the rail fence to make before the new block comes on on Wednesday.

I know, I am procrastinating on those borders, but block making just tickles me.  BUT I will get to those borders.

Wind those bobbins and go play,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Sometimes just using new fabric is the only way to feel good. I use a ton of scraps also. I buy them at thrift stores and a couple people have sent me leftovers they don't want. New fabric puts a spring in your step. Enjoy. Chris

Sarah said...

The dresden quilt with the appliqué centers is adorable. Can't wait to see what other animals she has you make. Enjoy the other projects with your new fabric too!

Lesley said...

My goodness, those fabrics are yummy! Have fun playing. I totally understand about scraps and new fabrics...when I break out new fabric, I have so much glee!

Podunk Pretties said...

Oh my now I want to go fabric shopping!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I've been procrastinating borders too....but WILL get them done today!! LOL!! I agree, scrappy sewing is fun...but new fabric does reinspire!

Jeanna said...

All of this will make for a busy Monday...and fun :)

Barbara said...

Busy Monday at your place. I'm with you...sometimes good old-fashioned piecing quilt blocks is good for the soul.

gayle said...

I'm eyeing that dresden sewalong, too. Especially with the first block being a pig... 8)

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful fabrics, Sharon. Have fun with your stitching.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those pretty florals would be so inspiring for a spring quilt.

Kevin the Quilter said...

So many great projects in the works for you! I used a FQ bundle for Bonnie's mystery quilt, and added in scraps.....sometimes you need to do that!

Kate said...

Lots of fun new projects in the works. Maybe when I get all caught up on the blog reading I'll catch a glimpse of them in progress.

Lyndsey said...

Great blocks and I like your fabric choices.