Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I May Have a Scrap Problem - June

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

Although having a lot of scraps is not a problem for me, I joined Sarah's scrap busting monthly program because I love playing in scraps.  Pull them out and USE THEM!



My Let's Book It project is technically a scrap buster as all those rails are coming from scraps.  Either from the string box, pre-cut 3.5" squares from the barrel, pieces gifted in baggies, or odd balls in the FQ totes (no they are never full FQs).

 

Play time with the over stuffed 2.5" square barrel produced......


a 40" x 48" postage stamp quilt.  I will add a couple of borders to bring this one up in size.  This will be added to the charity drive for our quilt guild.


Although my background is new fabric, all the circles for the '365' are coming from the scraps I play with.  This really is a 'fabric' diary for the year.
** link up with Quilty Folk **


And this cute project with Podunk Pretties was completed with scraps.


Some found pinwheels played nicely with scrap solids and left over JR strips for a colorful charity quilt for quilt guild.


I saw this little "Freedom FLag" banner over at Temecula Quilt Co.  I just happened to have the red/white/gold strips on my sewing table at the time.  Pulled some blue squares from the barrel and a left over binding from the drawer.  Finished 5.'5" x 18"

What plans are there for July?  I don't know - it will be what ever strikes my fancy.  Sometimes I just get those days that need play time.

Now go play,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

kiwikid said...

You have made some beautiful quilts from your scraps! Love them all.

sewyouquilt2 said...

love love your scrappy projects. isnt that flag banner just adorable? you just have to post something else I want to make, don't you? lol love how cute that looks.

KaHolly said...

The first thing on my list for July is to tidy up my scraps. They are currently spread out all over a guest room floor. What a mess! I really need a better system! ;)

Dana Gaffney said...

Everything looks so good, I'm still in love with that pinwheel quilt, using the dark pinwheels in all of the color really makes them pop. I'm just getting back to my scraps.

Dasha said...

Such a great bunch of scrappy goodies there! But I think the pinwheels are a stand out.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You've been busy this month. Lots of pretties!

barbara woods said...

i am using up my scraps as fast as i can but they never end!

Lesley said...

Oh my goodness! You have created such beautiful projects! I started to pick a favourite, but they are all so wonderful!

Needled Mom said...

You are a queen of scraps!!! They all look fabulous.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh wow, Sharon! You have really busted some scraps this month! Hopefully I'll have a month like that soon...

Kate said...

Beautiful scrappy projects. I love the flags, very fun for this weekend. Happy 4th!

Marle said...

All yor scrappy quilts are so beautiful!

Heidi said...

Scrapilious! Your Quilty365 is really lovely with the pieced backgrounds.