Monday, May 16, 2016

The Secrets Out

My Photo

Some of you knew, some guessed, some scratched their heads - if you know about her Bibliophile posts, Help for Hexies, and Feline Friday - you know who Sarah is.  And this was a year in the making.  Do you know how hard it is to keep a year long secret when you are both bloggers?


Sarah Ballinger of Castile, NY travel to our little neck of the woods to give a Hexie class in the morning and then a trunk show that afternoon.  Our local quilt guild, the Schoharie Valley Piecemakers, did the hosting.


Some of our class participants - Emily (in the blue shirt) stitched with us and then headed out to her College Graduation.  AND yes, she took her hexie class project bag to the ceremony and worked on it during the l.o.n.g. ceremony.


I think we surprised Sarah with a man in the class - we have four men in our guild.


Everyone hard at work - concentrating on a very new technique to many of us.





We held this in St. Mark's Lutheran Church, Middleburgh, NY - lovely hall they provide our guild to use.


Most of the class with their rosettes - some of us were taking photos and a few had to leave early.


We got to drool all over Sarah's trunk show pieces.  I think this one was the favorite.





Althoug this is not a Hexie - the fabrics are all hexie prints.  Sarah had put a call out on her blog for people to send her hexi prints and this is the result.



I cropped this out of one of the photos - we had a miniature version of a 'bed turning' .  Sarah's cute little antique bed for her kitties - all the miniatures, which I love.

Please be sure to visit Sarah Did It as she has some things to share today, too.

Thank you Sarah for a lovely class and trunk show.  You opened our eyes to another venue of quilting.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Sew glad that everyone had a good time!! It's fun to see my quilts from "the other side"/in your pictures. In case the gals (and guy!) don't - please send me pictures of any projects the students make - especially any projects you make. I know you're planning a 30's project...

Denise :) said...

Yay!! What a fun weekend y'all had! I admit I'm just a smidge jealous of you both--you both got to meet a blogger I'd love to meet in real life -- each other!!! It cracks me up that neither of you got pics of the cats!

Lyndsey said...

Wow that looks fun. Love the quilts.

Cheryll said...

Looks like you had a great roll up to the class etc.
Well done...xox

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh how wonderful!!!! I know you had a lovely time, and your guild enjoyed Sarah's visit so much! I would love to have seen all her quilts up close - they're beautiful :*)

Needled Mom said...

Wow....that looks like it was fabulous.

margaret said...

what lucky ladies to be at Sarah`s show. I am a big fan of Sarah`s blog love to see what she is up yo with all her hexie projects

Christine M said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time, Sharon. Sarah's quilts are gorgeous.

MissPat said...

Castile, in Wyoming County where there are more cows than people, is only 40 minutes from my house. Have never met Sarah though.

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh! How much fun is that! Wonderful that you were able to get together. Those quilts are definitely drool-worthy. Hi, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon boy what a fun time its good to see a man join in to,we had our first man join in the guild last year.Love those hexies projects,some amazing work,enjoy your day my friend xx

Dana Gaffney said...

This is wonderful, too bad about the weather but it sounds like you all had a great time.

Kate said...

Looks like you had a really good class.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I bet that was hard not to share early. Looks like a nice time for all.