Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Done Traveling

My last travels for the month of May was the Spring meeting of CMQHOF.  Wrapping things up for the annual picnic, fall quilt show, and special featured quilter exhibit in Roxbury(my mother).


I was only able to grab a quick photo as things were starting to come together because once we were ready, I was busy scribbling taking minutes (I'm secretary).  The lady sitting in the back with the pink jacket was the quest speaker, Shelby Mattice, curator of Bronck House Museum, Coxsackie, NY.  She spoke on 'Under the Quilt' - 1650-1850 which was very interesting.  And later she came up to me - she grew up in Schoharie and was in my oldest sister's class - small world.  


It had been asked that if any members did classes or willing to teach - to bring samples, contracts, etc....  I fell in love with these 3-D flower pieces and I am hoping we can book this for a class in Spring 2017 for our quilt guild.


I took a day to rest!  BUT, now to reality and business.  First things first - my Hillside Houses project for 'Let's Book It'.  I just have the top sections to piece and add.  I just might make my goal to have a flimsy by linky (May 29th).

My furries are glad I have landed, but are snubbing me for a bit.  Maybe a can of tuna will melt them.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Any cat worth their fur and purr should be melted by a can of Tuna - Good luck!! Love those 3D flowers - hope you can book the class!

Joanne said...

You didn't get much May for Me time this year. I too love those three dimensional flowers. Trust the sun is shining down your way.

Barbara said...

You've been very busy. Deep breath and relax. Love those flowers. Very cute.

gayle said...

Just when they'd forgiven you for last time, you did it again. Good luck with the tuna!

StasaLynn said...

Those flowers look amazing. And you have been busy! Hope you can find another few patches of rest!!!

Dana Gaffney said...

Ahhh, finally relax. I'm sure the furkids will come around once you have been sufficiently punished. I've been doing a lot of running around and I'm being ignored, they love to act like David is the only human in the house.

barbara woods said...

when we retired hubby told every one we would travel, we travel to home depot and Lowes

Kate said...

Glad your busy month is just about over. Hope you've had time to relax (and bribe the kitties to come cuddle a bit).