Thursday, November 27, 2014

Let's Book It - November 2014

VroomansQuilts

Some of you are probably making your Christmas Wish List - are you adding more books to it?  Have you forgotten all those lovelies sitting on the shelves?  This is an opportunity to pull them out, dust them off, purge a few, but more importantly - use them.  It could be the perfect quilt, mini, purse, or stuffie has been sitting right there for ????? many years!!


My selection for November's project was this pattern that's been sitting too long in my basket - "Harvest Home" by Jan Patek.  But I didn't want to make it in it's entirety - I want simple and something that is more me.


I used her method of freezer paper template pieces and glue stick for the house.  My glue stick must have been old as I had to pin like crazy to hold things in place while I stitched them with the blanket stitch on my machine.  I have a bit of a crooked house, but my old house doesn't stand straight anymore either.

I love geese blocks so those stayed in the plan, but went with just a simple border to make this a 20" x 18" mini.  And everything came out of the scrap baskets!


I have been asked if the Let's Book It will be continuing in 2015 - Yes!  This is the charm pin that will be used next year and I have a new set of different quilt block charms to go with them.  So while you are on holiday, browse thru those shelves of books, magazines, patterns, even computer files saved.  I'm sure you will find something that stole your quilty heart long ago and forgotten.


QuiltBarnCharmHolder.jpg.jpg NorthStarCharmNEWlightblue.jpg

We have the Barn Quilt Pin and Northern Star Charm for this month's link up.  And I do ship international, so please share your link-up:


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon oh i cant wait to do this next year Chez and i have plans,lol.xx

Lynne said...

I'm linking up for the first time! I'm so glad you've decided to continue into 2015. Yay!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours (even though I'm a little bit late)!

Cheryll said...

WooHoo... I'm in again... as Shez said...we have plans!
I love the new pin too... so fingers crossed I get to receive one xx
Thanks Sharon & congrats on a wonderful idea! :)

Kate said...

Love your house mini, it looks great. I'm still playing along, but haven't made enough progress to post anything. Hopefully I'll do better next year. Glad you are continuing the challenge.

Christine M said...

Your house mini quilt is lovely Sharon. I've only managed to play along a couple of times but hopefully will do so more next year.

Sarah Craig said...

Such a pretty mini! Whoop whoop!