Thursday, June 26, 2014

Let's Book It - June Link Up


Well, it's time again to share those projects from that dusty book.  You know what I mean - that 'had to have' book, or pattern, or print out - and it got filed away and forgotten.  Now's the time to go back and find those lovelies and use them.


This was my June selection - and my SIL selected a project from this same book


I have been trying to add a bit of a challenge with my Let's Book It projects - this time it was to work with Batiks and I thought this pattern would be the perfect choice for that.


Here it is.  The purple isn't that bright and the yellow is actually a lime green - camaras!  The border is a rust color with dots of various colors pulled from the strips. For the binding, I have a mossy green Batik  with fern color (as in the strips) print thru it.

Now this hung on my lovour doors (laundry area) for some time and my Mom came over looking for something and insisted I had done something wrong.  I even got the book - and we looked and looked.  The next day I almost fainted - you look - do you see it?  No I am not taking it apart - it is staying as is.

This is the Quilt Barn Pin and Irish Chain Charm for June


Now it is your turn to share:


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

** The mistake - look thru the middle of the quilt in the book and then mine - I am missing a row of links - which is actually two rows - duh!  I have the same link pattern - just a smaller quilt. **

26 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I can't find the error. Where is it? It looks great to me. Nice job.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Even with you explains it, I still do not see anything wrong. I think it is great. Love the touch of yellow.

Rebecca in AK said...

I would never seen the difference if you had not explained where it was! I think your quilt looks lovely just the way it is!

Christine M said...

Your quilt looks marvellous, Sharon. Great finish.

Dasha said...

Pretend you intended to make it happen and don't tell anyone. It doesn't look "wrong". Pretty colours you have used

QuiltSue said...

I did spot your deliberate error, but maybe that's because I have made that quilt myself. It looks great though and the batiks were perfect for it.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I don't see it / looks nice to me! :)

Julie in GA said...

That's not a mistake, it is a design decision. Your quilt looks fabulous!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Wow, that took a long time to find. No one will know unless they have made the pattern OR you put the pattern pic on the wall next to the quilt itself !~! I like your color scheme MUCH better.

Laura said...

I looked, but I don't see any mistakes.

Kat Scribner said...

I couldn't find it either, must be because it is not a mistake. lol It sure does look like a challenging pattern.

Debbie said...

And I love it! I think I would go blind just putting this one together. It is great and even better that you "made it your own design".

Anonymous said...

marvelous quilt Sharon,the colours are gorgeous,well done.xx

Dana Gaffney said...

I don't see any mistake and I'm not going to, I think it looks great, you made it your own.

Michele @ Undiscovered Optimist said...

I find myself really wary of working with batiks but this quilt makes me inspired!

Lynette said...

Hey, that turned out so cool! THere's a mistake? Batiks can be so gorgeous, and this shows them off beautifully. Sorry I haven't been able to link up the last couple of months - my quilt time has been drastically cut for a while!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous in the Batiks. I have that book sitting around somewhere I think....giggle.

Teresa in Music City said...

It took me a little bit, but I finally found the mistake. I wouldn't take it apart either! I notice you didn't say how you liked working with the batiks. People either love them or hate them it seems :)

I'll be doing up a post to link up tomorrow I hope.

KimM said...

Your quilt looks amazing. I can't see the mistake at all.
hugs
xxx

Michele said...

I don't see it. I've been looking for awhile and I have no idea, so I say leave it as is :-) Still not seeing it.....I have this book on my sewing table and two jelly roll to use for picnic. The trouble is they have been there for way too long! Thanks for reminding me :-)

Pattilou said...

I couldn't find it! It is just a beautiful quilt. I love it!

Cheryll said...

It's just YOUR interpretation that's all! It's wonderful!!! :)

Vivian said...

Great looking top! Is that a mistake or a "design decision"?!?! Looks just fine to me, I wouldn't have known it was an issue until you pointed it out. But then I always look at quilts by riding with the "man on the galloping horse", particularly when I look at my own(LOL)!!

I have that book (and some batiks) so maybe one of these days.....

Kate said...

The error is most certainly not obvious, the quilt turned out fabulous!

Michele said...

I still like it!

Lynne said...

Love your "Island Chain"; I couldn't find 'something wrong'!

We have similar tastes,I think. I make a lot of scrap quilts for charity, the scraps are usually not my own. On your blog, I find lots of ideas that I'd like to try! (Nearly at the end of June now!)