Sunday, June 22, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 6/23/14


I have been working the Lozenge blocks as Bonnie Hunter's leader/ender project and have another large group finished to add to the box.  I really need to count them out (grouped these in 10's and the box I think they are by 20's) and figure my size - I probably have enough now to start putting this together.


And I hope these are the last of the 9-patch blocks - I made about 4 times too many for a Bonnie Hunter mystery long ago.  I found the pretty floral in my old dresser (old fabric storage system).  I think some one gave me this as I don't remember buying it.  As you can see in the photo - don't let fabrics sit too long and especially in a light - there was a fade across the length of the center fold.


I was able to get just enough cuts (and not use that faded fold) to make up this flimsie.  But it needs 2 or 3 borders - you know how I love borders - so this will sit for a while on that.  OR it may get sent off to Sarah's group for a finish.


And keeping up with the rows of the Trifle Dish Sew Along at Moda Bake Shop.  I love those posies and I will admit I made a mistake on those.  I totally forgot to 'mirror' the leaves - I'll blame it on chain piecing around two furries.  So I had to completely re-do them as these are all from the scrap bin and I didn't have any fabric left to just re-do the mirror side.  Yup, a pile of leaves went into the trash.


I picked up a fun FQ bundle of Riley Blake 'Peak Hour' back in 2012 thinking one of my grandsons would like a quilt from it.  Well Angry Birds and Thomas the Tank won out there, so this sat.  My SIL made a stroller quilt with some of it and I used the rest for the Scrap Basket QAL.  I'm making a modified Rail Fence quilt to donate to Margaret's Hope Chest

Please check in with all the link ups at Patchwork Times to see what is on other quilters' design walls.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

15 comments:

Karen M said...

You have certainly been busy. I love seeing all of your projects. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

I like your nine patches withe the solid squares added. You've been doing a lot of Bonnie Hinters L/E project. Busy design wall today.

Anonymous said...

Awesome work Sharon you are amazing the amount of projects you do.xx

Rhonda said...

Wow! You've been working on some nice projects. I've been tempted by the Trifle Dish quilt but haven't started it. After seeing yours, my resistance is weakening!

Churn Dash said...

Those lozenges are really varied and interesting. I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

I've managed to stay away from the Trifle Dish Sew Along. Maybe I shouldn't have done.

Helen

Kris said...

Great group of projects, Sharon!! I know what you mean about the fade on the fold - I had it happen to an entire bolt - yiks!! But the blue sure goes well with those 9 patches!!

Average Quilter said...

I really like the posies too. That is really going to look nice when it's finished.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just a busy bee!

Joanna said...

I love that lost fabric and think it looks nice with the 9 patches. The Moda quilt looks like fun; very sweet.

Rebecca in AK said...

I sure like your nine patch quilt! Love those posies! I am doing Bonnie's Lozenge L/Es too. I have not counted mine. I have no idea what size of quilt I will make out of them, I will just keep making them!

Sarah Craig said...

Wow, you've got a lot going on, Sharon! Love the nine-patch, and those posies are special! Sorry you had a hard time with the leaves - but doesn't learning from mistakes build character? Hugs!

Belinda said...

Oh, I hate when I do something wrong. I don't think I've ever had to start over though. Not because I didn't need to, but because I just refused to. Ha!

Love that little FQ bundle. Really cute fabrics!!

Scrapatches said...

Your row along is looking great ... I am feeling inspired ... :) Pat

StitchinByTheLake said...

I keep seeing the row quilts here and there and love them all - and I keep saying, "don't look, don't look" since I'm committed to finishing UFOs. :) blessings, marlene

Michele said...

It all looks great and yeah for the flimsy finish. I'm sure it felt good to use up those extra blocks.