Wednesday, April 24, 2013

May For Me is Coming


For those who have been following me for a while, you know what this is - for you new followers (and welcome and thank you) May for Me has been a dedication to finding ME time.  The lovely Marcia at Crafty,Sewing has a wonderful write up of the birth and developement of May for Me as well as a linky set up.  This gives you some time to think of how you would like to join in - and link up your blog and share your ME time.

May is my birthday month - the BIG 60!!!  I will be hosting a give away each Monday for my followers

- the 6th will have two posts for the day - one for May for Me and one for SewMaMaSew 

AND each Thursday I will have a TIP and a recipe.  

- AND as previous May for Me, I plan to 'un-plug' on Sundays - NO COMPUTER or TV or SEWING!!  Some gardening, walks, time with the grandies, and maybe a trip. 

May is a busy month for me with Hands2Help and I have three challenge competitions to get ready for - I hope to find a little ME time to offer up a tutorial for you all.

Consider joining in and remember to link up over at Marcia's (click above or on the sidebar button),

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

16 comments:

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

WOW --- You have a great plan for May! and Happy Birthday early! COOL!

The fun has just begun!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You have a lot going on and planned for May for Me!

StasaLynn said...

Congrats on your upcoming milestone birthday! I love how you plan to unplug on Sundays..... So smart.

Can't wait to see all of your tips and recipes!

Take care and have tons of fun this busy May

Lesley said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate May and your birthday! Your unplugged Sundays are a great idea. Enjoy!

Michele said...

I know you enjoy May so much. I hope to be able to join in but it is getting crunch time for the teacher quilts. At least sewing time is always Me time.

Jeanie said...

It's always important to take time for ourselves....good for the soul. Happy 60th and many more!

Debbie said...

Perfect timing....we all need a little private time for ourselves. Congrats on the the milestone birthday....it's a great one to achieve and rejoice in!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I will check out the link, and what a great idea. Happy early birthday! We have a lot of family birthdays in May too - two of my daughters, my father, my mother in law and my Husbands grandmother!!

Dana Gaffney said...

Wow, you'll have a lot going on, I love the unplugged day, I've been doing a lot of that lately.

Eva said...

Just join your blog and following you on Bloglovin as well. I think I will take a lesson from your book and starting now no pc on Sundays get out and walk and enjoy the spring weather, late as it may be. Happy early birthday. Looking forward to being a follower.

Eva
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Sheila said...

Difficult to believe that it is almost MAY again. Time is flying!
You have a lot of fun with "May For Me" and I look forward to your May posts again this year. Especially the yummy recipes :)

Needled Mom said...

I'm looking forward to it again this year.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

looking forward to sharing lots of fun May time with you !!

Karen said...

If only I could find me I would join. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'd love to participate, but, I'll be gone the whole first week of May, then, I have to disassemble my sewing area, so that my son can have his room back for the summer. Not sure if I'll get any sewing done in May :( Boy, will I be behind.

Julierose said...

May is my birthday moth, too. May for Me sounds great!! Julierose