I made the Twin/Full size quilt. I changed a few of the blocks and switched around some of the layout to help reduce seams. Here it is on a twin bed, but it would really look better on a full bed. And that is the pillow I made for the Project Quilting Challenge - I have a lovely set.
I spread it out on the floor so you get a better look. I used the fabric line - Summer Breeze II. It was a gifted Fat Quarter bundle from my Sister-in-Law for helping her with her first quilt. She knows I LOVE the color blue!
I had trouble finding border fabric in the same line - Moda does not hold their fabric lines very long and I had to browse various on-line resources and finally found the dark blue and floral in an Etsy shop. It is from the Summer Breeze - first collection.
I quilted this on my home machine - with the 4.5" harp space. So I used the method of breaking the center of the quilt down into quarters to manage on the machine. And straight line quilted the narrow dark blue border with my walking foot. Then finished up the FMQ on the outer border. I used the dark blue for the binding and machine applied.
I used an over-dyed muslin for backing, Connecting Threads poly Pro line for the top and their 100% cotton thread for the bottom. This quilt finished 68" x 88" and is the largest quilt I have done myself on my home machine. I have always wanted a 'French Cottage' quilt and now I have one.
Thank you Jess and Jess for such a great quilt along. Please visit The Elven Garden to see all the entrants in this quilt along. There are three catagories: large quilt, throw, and small item.