Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sew Scrap Along


You may have noticed a lot of new buttons on my side bar. I may not be doing all those projects, but like to offer them as a 'window' into some fun things going on that may interest you. But this one does peek my interest. I took part in the Sew Scrap Along last year and made many fun projects.


It just happened that I had just pulled this pile of plaids and camping fabrics from a bin - scratching my head what to do with them. AND ta-dah, Nannette is the first guest at Pleasant Home with the perfect project for these fabrics.


So I have all my squares cut and ready for some power sewing tomorrow. Check into Pleasant Home as there will be various guests with some scrap projects and tutorials that just might inspire you to 'Scrap Along'.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sounds like fun and you have fun fabrics going there. I'm going to try to resist.....grin.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is a perfect project for your fabric! I worked with a bunch of scraps today too. It's going to be on Sew We Quilt next week.

Cheryll said...

I'll go over and check it out... thanks! :)

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I'm VERY excited about this "scrap quilt along". It is just what my scraps have been calling (shouting) for! =)

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Pauline G said...

Love the new links on the your side bar - will tempt me even more !!

rooee said...

I have been such a slack blog writer/reader, you are close enough to come and slap me! Will be back to check out the buttons and see what mischief I can get into!

Sarah Craig said...

How funny! I "pinned" that quilt tutorial just last night! Love the quilt, and I've got some great backing material - looks like big ants on a red and white checked picnic cloth!

Sheila said...

Thanks for the heads up, Sharon!

Michele said...

This looks great! Thanks for the info! I'm going to go check it out :-)

hafza said...

Oh thanks Sharon for sharing this...I love to join to improve futher my quilting skills:}

Denise :) said...

I love these fabrics -- they are so fun and you're right, they fit perfectly with my fishy fabric!! :)