Sunday, February 11, 2024

Lost in Traffic

 

I find it hard some times to get into Blogger - and then there are days I just shut off the computer completely.  So days get away and I get lost in traffic. 

If you live in our area, this chart is just too real!  We went from a week of cold and lots of snow right into a week of rains and grey, then blessed with a few days of FINALLY seeing some sunshine and getting up into the 50's.  Now we are going into our second Winter phase as temps are dropping, it's gray and snow is in the future.


The paperwork went in for an upcoming show in April.  A few quilts have been quilted, and now making binding for them.  This is how I keep bindings while they wait.  Hang tags that indicate the quilt and help hold them onto the hanger.  The larger pieces with no tags are waiting to get under the machine - there is one in progress right now.  Then it's bindings, bindings, bindings!!


And do you find that you totally lose your technique' when you just haven't used it in a while?  I have my piece ready for the Moose Hop and thought I would do a little piecing (before all the bindings).  OMG  I think I need a week or two of just piceing my brains out to get back on the bike, so to speak.

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

We are in summer, but last week or was it the week before??? Had torrential rain and heavy hail. Then, this morning, 9 Celsius in the verandah, colder in reality in the open air. Your season chart is good for a laugh if it wasn't so real. Love the bindings all waiting !!!

Nancy said...

Your "Seasons of Winter in Upstate New York" reminded me of a poem my husband's parents sent many years ago. It's called "The Chateaugay Thaw." If interested you can read it at https://nancysfamilyhistoryblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-chateaugay-thaw-friday-funny.html. Here in Ohio we are in the midst of Fool's Spring with temps last week in the 60s. I'm sure it will get cold again soon.
Sadly, the staring never works for me, either, but I wish I didn't have to resort to the seam ripper....
I do lose the ability to do things when I don't keep up with them. I should just keep up and then I wouldn't have to relearn. But then, how can we keep up with everything?!!!

MissPat said...

Good to hear from you Sharon. Your chart applies to us here in western NY as well. It was 62 degrees on Friday, 50's on Sat with occasional sprinkles, and back in the 30's today with clouds. It looks like we are going to miss the east coast storm. I hope you are on the edge of it and don't get "snowed under" again.
Pat

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is a lot of bindings to get to, but your Stashbuster totals will be epic!

Kate said...

February here can be wild in the weather department, we went from high 60's to snow in the space of a week. Good luck with all your quilt finishes this week.