Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Scrappy Wednesday

 


I'm still working on that applique', but today is my beginner class and one of my student's project is from this book that her sister sent her (with pieces cut and bagged).  If you've hardly sewn and never quilted - 'quilt speak' is a foreign language.

We went thru basics and getting use to the machine workings, tools and use, etc...  She made a table topper and a small wall hanging to get into technique's and terminology.  So now things make a little sense.


 This is a nice beginner book as all the blocks for this final piece are shown how to make with lots of instructions and little projects for each block - all beginner friendly blocks.  


All the blocks made and rows ready for today's session.  We did find that the flying geese blocks were never cut/bagged, but I had scraps that were a very close match.

Her sister did note that when she was ready she would send the borders, but with time - they could be lost and my student said she would rather wait for the center to be together to decide whether she wants borders at all.

It will be a good day,

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Nice! I can remember learning the lingo as a beginner. I was most surprised that quilt blocks have names, and it made me love quilting even more.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Ah yes the lingo. Make that flying Geese go around the rail fence while chain piecing your fat quarters. Lol. I remember going who saw my fat quarter???

kiwikid said...

Takes a while to learn the lingo, good of you to help.

Unknown said...

I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog

BG Gaming