Sunday, August 1, 2021

Monday Making

 


I have the Shoo Fly blocks into their little setting.  I've decided not to put the borders on, but keep it a nice size wall hanging.  It now waits it's turn in the 'to be quilted' pile.

There are a lot of Shoo Fly blocks still in the tote - another quilt - another time.  I need something NEW - well, still using up scraps.


I had a guild member stop in to get some help in how to clean and repair an old quilt and she dropped off some magazines to pass on to our class people.  This quilt caught my eye for sure.   The lovely Wendy Sheppard designed this pretty, scrappy Court House Steps using low volumns and I have lots of those to use up.  This in Better Homes & Gardens American Patchwork & Quilting  Issue #171.


 I dug thru the brown tote for all the Dark Chocolate in a few varieties that  I could find to make those cute Churn Dash framed mini squares.  All the tiny pieces waiting to be played with - and that's my Monday Making for today.

While the West Coast is hot and on fire, we are very cool with LOTS of rain - here and there at times a need to evacuate along the raging mountain feeders (that usually trickle), gushing colverts spilling over, and a lazy low creek that is now a river overflowing banks.  And the deadly Covid Varient is in our area.  Scary times all around.

Stay Safe and Stitch On,

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon

  

8 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your Shoo Fly top turned out great, and I love the new pattern that you are starting!

kiwikid said...

Lovely things happening at your place. Stay safe over there.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love the new pattern you're starting, She'll be a beauty, happy stitching!

loulee said...

The courthouse steps pattern is beautiful. I can see why you might want to do that one.
Stay safe.

Nann said...

The large-center Shooflies look so airy compared to the nine-patch version. Such a fun scrappy quilt! I remember noting that courthouse steps pattern....so many ideas....

sue s said...

I love your shoo-fly quiltlet! I'm doing reproduction fabrics this year as a change of pace and so both your patterns here look good.

ishikavarma said...

It is not everyone's business to write such a great post, one person in a million can write such a beautiful post and you are one of those millions. I hope that you will write more beautiful posts in life and also hope that you will keep climbing the ladder of achievement in your life, very few people do this but I have full hope from you.

Barbara said...

Your quilt turned out pretty. I think it’s weird how different the weather is from one coast to the other. Despite our very hot spell back in June, our weather has been seasonably warm. We haven’t had very many hot days. We even had some sprinkles yesterday.