Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Quilt Show Two


The second quilt show on Saturday was hosted by the Patchworkers of Windham, NY at the local school.  The drive from the first show to the second show was about 20 minutes.  It was a lovely, cooler day and we enjoyed the scenery and wonderful old homes along the way.   We did stop at the Patchwork Co Quilt Shop along the way, but will share that later.


This is the full quilt with those beautiful fussy cut EPP stars.  Very striking with the setting on point.


The two blocks made for a very stunning secondary pattern.  I liked that the guild had finished this quilt for one of their members who had a stroke about the same time my Mom did.  Although Jean is still in re-hab, they wanted one of her quilts in the show.


The only blue/white quilt in the show - and I loved it.  Same block but in reverse color setting makes for another stunner.


A beautiful red-work of vintage baskets .  She said it took her eight years to make all the blocks and another two years with the quilting.


This was my favorite basket and a close up of the quilting.  This was my vote for viewers choice award.  She persisted in completing those blocks and you could see her quilting skills grow to the point at the end of learning ruler work to quilt this herself at the end.


For you lovers of the Lucy Boston block.  I love the look of these, but I don't want to make one.


And another Lucy Boston done in modern fabrics.  They had a special display on the stage of members' quilts what had won awards at the Vermont show this spring.


There were several log cabin quilts, but I loved the scrappiness of this one with the double 9-patches and backgrounds.

This show was a little larger than the other - both small quilds.  There was a nice diplay of miniatures, but by the time I got to that section there was guite the crowd and photos weren't possible.  They had a few local artisan vendors and guild boutique' as well.

I will share the quilt shop and purchases tomorrow (blogger is being boggery).

To be a rainy, stormy day so I might be powering down.  I have a binding to finish up, so hand work will fit the bill.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow. Beautiful quilts. That redwork caught my eye.

Calicojoan said...

I love looking at all the quilts. So much inspiration!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Awesome. They are all beautiful quilts.
Nice to be inspired by others work.sounds like you had a fun day

Kate said...

More pretties! Lots of eye candy for one day.