Tuesday, February 5, 2019
I will work on the next dozen blocks for the Temecula Quilt Co. project.
That should use up that pile of floral scraps and I will have to pull another baggy from the Yellow Monster to feed this.
While pulling fabrics for the BOOK HOP, I found these small floating star blocks. I could toss them in my box of orphan blocks, but I think I will slowly add to them. I have a lot of small pieces in my CW tote that need using up.
This is Hermione for the Harry Potter QAL. I would have loved to have used a spiral/curl print brown, but I am working scraps for this and this is all I could come up with for her hair. WHat is fun, I can send my grandson pictures of the blocks in progress and finished. He approved of her hair.
The hardest 'find' has been the flesh color scraps - which seems lacking and even when I plead to our sewing groups - none. Although, I think I have sufficient variety and amount to get thru the rest of the blocks. This one is Ronald. I sent a pic off to my grandson late , so will have to wait to hear if this one is OK. I paid real attention to the instructions this time so both blocks look like they are suppose to!
Some of my new followers have asked to explain what I mean when I talk about my 'cut down into the barrel system'. This is my old potters shelf and snack barrels that I cut down specific size squares that I use most often. Also, part of my button collection is stored here as well. There's contains with soda caps - for make and take at different events for my MINI PINCUSHION project.
We have quickly dropped back down into the brrrrr cold again. These abrupt air pressure changes play havoc with my body. So simple block work today sounds good.