Sunday, April 22, 2018

Monday Making


I'll be joining BETH today with some play with NEW fabric.  As a scrap quilter it is exciting to open up, pet, and smell new fabric.  It's a whole nother world!


I bought this wonderful bundle of fat 1/8ths at our quilt guild meeting .  I was late getting to the guest presenter's sale table, that I was afraid this lovely would be gone.  The white is a 20 yard piece I've had on the shelf and slowly working thru.  It actually has a white 'burst' circle thru it which doesn't show up in the photo - just a bit of fun.


Don't you just LOVE this selvedge?  Yup, some Cotton & Steel is getting freshly cut - my first time playing with this fabric line.

  
Spring Project

I've been waiting on some time to play with this .  With my quilt commission work done and being mailed out today, I have a few days before I get busy with the big quilt show on the weekend.  Button is on the side bar if you want to take a peek at this.


These are 10" finished blocks - HUGE for me.  I should  be able to catch up over the next few days as these are rather quick blocks to work up.

We were in the 50's yesterday and should be around those temps for the next few days.  YEAH!  Maybe I can get the furkids out for a walk this afternoon.  We all need to shed some of that winter 'fluff'.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

kiwikid said...

Always exciting to play with new fabric. Those blocks would feel like you are working with sheets!! Hope the fur kids got a run outside.

Quilter Kathy said...

I do love that selvage edge! Have a fun day!

Barbara said...

Looks like you’ll be having fun today.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Weather breaking nicer here too.love that selvage. Have fun with your new fabric. How exciting

Carla said...

Sounds fun

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wonderful! Enjoy your sewing x

Kate said...

It's always fun to start something new. You've picked a very pretty set of fabrics to play with too. Enjoy the stitching time and enjoy the warmer temps.

gayle said...

I hear ya on those 'huge' 10" blocks! I'm a 3" to 6" gal, too!
Our temps made it almost to 70 today, though the sunshine went and hid about mid-afternoon. Almost makes a person believe in that 'spring' thing...

cocoya said...

I love the black, white, and cheddar combination used in the hexagon project. How big is the finished size of each hexagon?


กำถั่ว