Monday, March 19, 2018

Monday Making


I know I have a lot of projects that need some focus on, but I need a day to play.  I have pulled out one of my barrels - 1.5" squares and dumped it by the machine.  I find working tiny relaxing and keeping to something simple, yet I think is such huge bit of heritage to our quilting world.  The basic 4-patch block.


I see a lot of people making the small 4-patch for other quilts, but I fell in love with this quilt on Temecula Quilt Co.  Maybe it was the setting of a block on point set into a quilt on point OR maybe it was the cheddar background.  The plus side, I have everything I need for this quilt right on hand!  No shopping required.


And to add to the cheddar love lately, I will take breaks from the machine to get more of the cheddar hexies added to the diamond project.

Take time to play today - it's Spring in some parts of the world and tomorrow it arrives here (hope it doesn't snow),

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

6 comments:

beth s said...

Have fun with your little four patches. I love that inspiration quilt too!

Nancy J said...

What a great photo setting, I need an old wooden gate down here. We are in autumn, dark mornings already, and leaves are only just starting to change colour.

Sharon said...

I love this quilt. I spent the weekend emptying my scrap bucket and cutting them into usable sizes. I have the cheddar too, it’s been waiting for just the right project. Thank you so much for sharing!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your inspiration quilt

Kate said...

Hope you got in lots of fun play time yesterday.

KatieQ said...

I love the Temecula quilt pattern. The little four patches look perfect for your scrap play.