I love participating in VAL'S Piggy Bank Challenge each year. You can sign up:
- All's you have to do is create a post this week sharing your "piggy bank".
- Include your goal of what you'd like to purchase with your savings come this time next year.
- Include the linky button above to help spread the word to all your followers.
- Return and link your post here anytime this week until August 1st.
- Start "penny pinching". (Coins and bills are allowed)
- Next year we'll all empty our piggy banks on July 6th and create a post exclaiming our totals, share what quilty purchase we're going to make and link up here once again to celebrate!
I've been able to save quite well with this method. It gets dipped into thru the year for some emergency monies (car repair), but has been handy to purchase those quilty items without being sure you 'budgeted' them.
I used this method when my kid's were young - they loved dropping coins in and watching grow. The money then was for summer vacations and summer camps.
This would help with saving for Christmas presents , too - which leads me to:
Please be sure to visit Today's Hosts