Thursday, March 23, 2017

Whoop Whoop Friday 3/24/17


Well, I caught up all my blocks for the various QALs and then went looking for something I could move along to the next stage.  I found a lonely looking plastic shoe box tote with no clue - surprise!  My Temecula Quilt Co 'Circa 2016' was hiding in there.  Luckily all the parts, yardage  , and my notes for final assembly were in there.


I have no problem setting things on point, but I remembered several people struggled to get things to 'work out' with assembly.   I am working mine in a different way than they had shown - so it will all go together without a lot of curse words.  I think I delayed on this piece, because it is like adding row upon row of "borders" - that dreaded word.  But I am going to get this thing done at least to it's last border - only because I don't have a fabric for that last border.  So it is important to get to that flimsy stage and then I can make a trip to the LQS that carries my beloved 'Marcus' fabrics to pick out that final border.

It is to be a wintry mix of snow, sleet, rain, and wind for the next few days - BUT, we are moving toward a warming trend.  Several days of good stitching weather and then out and about  - cabin fever!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

17 comments:

Nancy J said...

Pure delight when you find that long ago project and all the necessary last fabrics and the pattern are all assembled together. Love the layout and those blocks on the left hand side.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

How lovely it must be to be able to go looking for something to move on. You are so organised to have included notes too. Better than rooting through a box and trying to remember where you were up to, it can take ages to put it together and make progress.

Kate said...

It looks like you've got a good start on another UFO finish. Be careful out and about in that weather. We've migrated into thunderstorm weather here in the south.

Dana Gaffney said...

It's like a gift to find that project with the notes, personally I'm always so happily surprised if I was organized in the past, LOL. Stay safe and think about that lovely sun coming soon.

Debbie said...


great looking projects. I have run out of boxes and bins and need to empty up a few I think. You are such a great production machine!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I just make my setting squares larger, then trim them down to size. Works well for me. No math that way.

Calicojoan said...

Oh, what's a project without a few well placed cuss words! LOL!!!! I do love this one!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Pretty blocks every where!

Denise :) said...

You definitely get a whoop, whoop from me! Isn't it fun when you 'stumble' upon a half-finished project like your Circa 2016?? Plus it's nice to feel caught up. Hope the 'b-word' doesn't give you too much trouble! Hahaha!!! Enjoy the warming trend and let's hope it LASTS!!! :)

Lesley said...

Oh wow! Lots of beauty and inspiration here!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

You always get so much done. I understand your cabin fever and am glad Spring is headed your way.

Kristi said...

It's so much fun to finish up UFO's! Can't wait to see the finish! :)

Joanna said...

I love the fabrics in this project and the smaller blocks. The hour glass rows look great around the nine patches. What a nice project to discover.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH yes I struggled with my CIrca! Hopefully yours is coming together much easier and I look forward to seeing it!

Sarah said...

What a fun surprise to find! I really like on-point quilts - after i fuss with the setting triangles, of course. Have fun shopping. We are also in for some warmer weather (40s) but lotsa rain. 10 of the next 15 days call for rain and my backyard is already flooded after day 1. Sorry but I prefer snow - no muddy paw prints on my floors

KaHolly said...

It would be such a good feeling to finish this beauty up!

Sheila said...

Happy to see you found this Temecula UFO. Love your blocks. We have been having storms. Thunder and lightening. During last night and another night this week. It's a sign that spring is finally here in the North Carolina.