Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy 4th Weekend


Since I am carless, I will be home for the holidays so to speak.  But there is food in the pantry, freezer, fridge - I can make up my own picnic.  And I will be sure to add some extra special treats to the furkids' bowls.


Since July is the RSC15  color - RED, I thought my smaller version of the Sister's Choice blocks would be a fun project for the weekend - like sparklers!


Moe is not impressed with red - Bella's color of choice, but she is out hunting.  I collected a few things that need to be stored (to be replaced with new decor items) in my handy basket for transport up/down stairs.  Not a box, but Moe thought it a good place to nap - he even flipped up the little mailer boxes so he could be on the 'fabric'.


Today is Eleanor Burns birthday - go HERE to send some special wishes and please read the post thorough - you can win some of her fabric.


Since I have no plans now, I thought it would be a good weekend to tackle that string box.  A quilt for the Scrap Challenge - see side button for information.  


This is actually a smaller version I made a few years ago - my plan.  I am using print paper at size so these will be larger blocks for a twin bed size.  The only thing I have to pay attention to is that with rectangle string blocks I have to make half with the lite thru one corner/corner and the other half of the blocks with the lite thru the opposite corner/corner.  Other wise - a no think project for the weekend.  And hopefully this project will clear out that string box.

Safe and Happy 4th,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

21 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Hi, Sharon. Your Sister's Choice blocks are lovely, and your string blocks project looks like fun. Have a happy 4th of July weekend with your kitties!

Joanna said...

Happy 4th to you as well. That Moe's a character. Your stars and your strips both look neat.

Teresa in Music City said...

I hope you enjoy your festive sewing for the holiday Sharon! String blocks are always a fun way to relax and enjoy the day :*)

tink's mom said...

Fireworks done with fabric can be just as satisfying as those noisy ones and they last longer too. Have a safe and Happy 4th.

Dana Gaffney said...

Happy 4th to you! I'm sorry you're still carless and not able to get out and party, but you sound O.K. with it.

gayle said...

Enjoy your projects - they're all wonderful! Have a happy 4th!

Christine M said...

I hope you have a lovely 4th of July, Sharon. xx

Cheryll said...

Happy 4th of July Sharon xox

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your red blocks and strings are fun too.
hope you have wheels soon.

Kris said...

Happy birthday, America!! Sharon enjoy your 4th of July weekend at home working away on your quilts!! I am home too making sure my Pollie dog does not get too scared when the fireworks explode!!

scraphappy said...

With a weekend at home you are sure to make great progress. I really like the red Sister's Choice blocks with the yellow star points. So bright and happy!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Happy 4th to you as well! I LOVE those sparkler blocks! How festive! And that rectangle string quilt will be an awesome gift as well!

Nell's Quilts said...

Hope the car gets home soon. Enjoy the 4th of July at home. Sounds like you have lots of plans for the weekend. The Sister's Choice blocks are lovely. So many different red bits in the centres.

Sheila said...

Beautiful star blocks, Sharon. That Moe is so funny. I'm working on some string blocks today. Overall, not a lot of sewing this week or weekend. Family. Rain on and off all day. Fireworks may be postponed. Have a nice quiet Fourth of July, dear.

LA Paylor said...

so your cat scan came out okay? LeeAnna

Michele said...

The red blocks look great and I hope you get to enjoy the nicer weather today.

Joanne said...

Your smaller version of the sister's choice block is wonderful and your fabric choices is spectacular! I look forward to seeing the end result. It looks like you planned a weekend full of sewing and that is awesome. Enjoy!

Karen said...

Lovely red blocks. String quilts always are beautiful. I hope you have gotten lots of sewing done.

Deb A said...

Pretty sisters choice blocks.

Sarah said...

Ahhh the red "sparklers" are perfect for the holiday - I hope you enjoyed your picnic! Moe was one smart cookie to move the boxes so he could get to the fabric.

Kate said...

Sorry about the car trouble, hopefully you have it back now. Hope you got lots of sewing done over the 4th.