Sunday, March 1, 2015

Slow Stitching Sunday 3/1/15

Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been a while since I joined in with Kathy and I need to start something that fit's in with my Keep It Simple for the year.  


A lovely blogger sent me a box of her old cross stitch pieces and I would like to do them justice.  This kit was never opened and the flowers just drew me in.  I won't be making the individual bookmarks, but putting them together into a wallhanging - a calendar of flowers.  

It didn't take me long to graph out the Aida cloth - BUT, although the floss was in two bundles - no key as to what was in them.  So it took some time and guess work to just pull the 12 different greens.  So with the questionable floss piles, photo, magnifier, and possibly pulling from my own supply - I will make this work.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

17 comments:

Lesley said...

Great idea to put these into one piece. Enjoy your Sunday!

Cheryll said...

Oh that will be a great use of the patterns Sharon.. I look forward to seeing their progress. Xox

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This will be so pretty and fun to follow :)

Debbie said...

I like your idea to turn this into a one piece project. I have a feeling it will turn out beautiful!

Deb A said...

What a great project. Enjoy you stitching.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

I love the idea of making it all into one wall hanging. It will be lovely when completed.

Dana Gaffney said...

It's going to be beautiful, what a good idea to make a wallhanging.

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a great project to work on as we, hopefully, move into Spring!

Terry said...

Great idea...those flowers look so pretty! :0)

Denise :) said...

Wow -- those are really lovely little pieces. That should be fun to work on through a Sunday afternoon! Enjoy! :)

KimM said...

Oh my - this will be a beautiful wall hanging. I'm anxious to see it all done up.
xxx

Sarah said...

I love the idea of a calendar of flowers. Its going to look amazing!

Kate said...

Looks like a fun project. My least favorite part of those kit sitchteries is figuring out what thread goes where.

Christine M said...

They will make a lovely hanging, Sharon.

Quilter Kathy said...

That was quite a floss challenge. Looks like fun stitching and perfect while waiting for spring to come. Happy Stitching!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I agree with everyone else....great idea! Be looking forward to this one!

Sherry said...

I like your determination. I have been thinking about getting back to my cross stitch, it is soothing to me and I have not done it in a while. Keeping it simple is a wonderful idea.