Sunday, April 27, 2014

Let's Book It - April Link Up


 I hope you have been encouraged to dust off those 'had to have' quilt books, collections of quilting magazines, binders of printed free patterns from the Net, or patterns bought at shows or shop hops.  You get the idea - dust them off and use them.  Or like some have done, a little housecleaning and purging - giving someone else the opportunity to love them.



I not only chose a dusty book, but one that challenges me.  If you know me - I like to work tiny, so this  challenge was doing a LARGE block quilt from this book. The cover quilt is what drew me into buying this.  This would make a lovely gift to a beginner quilter as there are several nice tips thru the construction of each project. 


Now these blocks are very quick and easy (and only 12.5" unfinished), but you have to wait to press your blocks until you have your layout selected - so your seams nest nicely.  I used up a left-over FQ bundle and the last of my Kona White.


This is called 'Hidden Baskets' - the white sections pull it together once all the blocks are together, yet I see it as upside down hearts. There will be no border on this, so it will wait it's turn for sandwiching/quilting.


This Month's Charm for the Quilt Barn pin is the Dresden Plate - link will be open from this post to the following Sunday with winner announced May5th.

Now it's your turn to share:

Sewingly Yours,
 Sharon

14 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

That is such a bright and cheery quilt, and yes I see those hearts all over that bundle of sunshine! Great Quilt Sharon.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Great quilt, love the fun fabrics. I thought it looked like hearts too. Either way, it is very cute.

Cheryll said...

That's a really lovely block design. Pretty quilt!

Dana Gaffney said...

That is so cute, if you flip it over the hearts won't be upside down, LOL.
So, did you decide you like big blocks? I'll bet you went right to some small piecing when you finished that.

Maria said...

love your quilt Sharon.

each time i link up with you I have a delete box next to my name.????

Needled Mom said...

That is a really great pattern.

Sheila said...

This turned out great. Cool pattern!

Debbie said...

I love the big blocks....and your color choices too.

Kate said...

A great way to use up fat quarters. Beautiful colors, just right to brighten up a rainy day.

Dasha said...

Lovely cheerful colours Sharon. I'm with you - I see hearts, not baskets.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow Sharon! I love that block - very unusual :) And the fabrics really give it life too. I'm enjoying your Let's Book It challenge. I wasn't able to actually start something new this month from a book, but I was delighted to finally try out Bonnie's Scrappy Bargello pattern!

Sheila said...

Lovely quilt , I seen the hearts before the baskets , love it !

Vivian said...

This is the first time I've gotten to "Book It" and hopefully it won't be the last! It's a great new angle on UFO/HSY busting so really helpful to me right now.

I like the blocks you made and love the fun prints you are using. This one should finish up real cute!

Michele said...

I really like that one. Nicely done.