Saturday, September 21, 2013

RSC13 - Baby Blues


It has taken me awhile to gather 'baby blues' as I don't typically work with pastels.  I even dug into a scrap tote that I didn't plan on looking into until next year - I have so much right now to try and use up!  My large star is always my first block to build as it takes the largest pieces of fabric.


Then I work the Sprout blocks - the pastels get lost in this pattern.  My little bit of whimsy I add to these - look close.  Humpty Dumpty


The baby stars are next.  They don't really take a lot of fabric, it is just the order I work.  I don't know why they look so purple as they are the same fabrics used in all my blocks?



And last - those log cabin blocks to use up the smallest and skinniest of them - and I did use those scraps right up to the bits that got tossed.

** Linking up with ScrapHappy-RSC13 - go visit and see how everyone else worked with their pastel blues **

Sewingly Yours
Sharon 

19 comments:

Michelle said...

Pretty blocks! I love playing with blues.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love the blues in all your blocks!

Karen said...

OMG. I love your baby blue blocks. If you don't know what to do with them you can send them to me. LOL
I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Sheila said...

Wow, Sharon. Love what you did with those baby blues :D

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

these are all such great blocks...I will be watching to see how they all go together! I love the soft blues tool

KaHolly said...

Ha, ha! You are the most organized scrapper I've ever seen. I love your logic, as well as your blocks!!

Aimee said...

Pretty blocks. Love them all, but especially the log cabins.

Katie Z. said...

Good work using your scraps in so many ways!

Sarah said...

Very nice blocks, your methodical working has paid off, you certainly have a good collection. Im not a big pastel person either so September has been a challenging month.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your baby blues!

Julierose said...

I love those log cabin blues blocks Sharon. Very pretty..hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

oh my Sharon these blocks are gorgeous,love those log cabin ones,well done.xx

Jill said...

All blocks are charming. Baby blue log cabins are my favorite.

Jill said...

All blocks are charming. Baby blue log cabins are my favorite.

Createology said...

I am swooning over these colors and blocks. Beautiful...

Pattilou said...

Oh, those log cabin blocks are beautiful! All the others are great too, the log cabin blocks just really took my eye.

Deb A said...

Great job using up the blue bits. Love the reasoning on the block process in the post.

Lesley said...

Your baby blues are so pretty...I especially love the last little bits you used on the log cabin blocks. They are sweet!

Teresa in Music City said...

Ah, such sweet baby blues!!! I didn't get to work on mine this week - hopefully next Saturday :*)