Monday, February 11, 2013
StarBurst Quilt Along
It all started with a layercake of A LITTLE BLACK DRESS - permission from Melissa to change the cuttings so I could work the pattern into a small block - and off I went. Oh , I am saving all the bits to make blocks up for a mini quilt down the line - too nice a fabric to let sit or throw out.
I actually went several steps ahead, but was sure to photo each step for the weeks 'assignment'.
Who can't love a flock of geese in this fabric line?
Starting to assemble some of the units - trying to keep them in order, which was hard when a rather large Tuxedo Kat kept laying on it. Hey, Tuxedo and Little Black Dress!
And more sub-units prepped for the Star assembly......
With the smaller (16") blocks, I went with a 9-block setting - getting those sashings on..........
It is snowy, cold, muddy, windy - so pictures inside - and this is so large that something was always in the way ( a whole cloth hand quilt in progress in the corner). I used 2'5" (2" finish) strips for sashing, 2.5" (2" finished) inner border, and 6'5" (6" finished) outer border. The binding is made - using the same fabric as the inner border. I will be discussing quilting with my longarmer - I just can't squeeze this under my small machine and do it justice. I LOVE THIS QUILT!!
There is a linky for quilt tops over at Melissa's at Happy Quilting