Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blogger Update

If you are experiencing trouble with your blog - they are changing things again. I have spent 2 days going nuts because my comments are no longer coming to my e-mail so I can politely acknowledge and thank you. AND I do like to respond to my commentors!

Please check from your dashboard - click on Blogger Buzz - find date July 14,2011:

Information on update for browser support - BUT they really don't give you answers on how to fix problems that are already cropping up.

I have posted a questions to blogger, yahoo, and windows

Cleared my cache and emptied cookies (all suggested)
Power down and reset (all suggested)
STILL no mail

Why didn't blogger let me know of changes?

I have up dated my browser (IE 9.0) - so check that your browser is updated. I, also changed my spam folder (use to auto delete) to hold spam for a week - ta da - that is where they are going. Now I have to figure this one out.

** I had to update my mail, too, and under mail contacts, added to my own ID - assign to lists - added my blog name
Now mail is coming into my box **

I hope we have some computer geeks in the house - that is said on pleading knees. A lot of bloggers are going to need help on this one.

WITH ALL THAT:
Thank you to all the lovely people who have left comments in the last 2 days. I only wish I could have responded.

Sewingly yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

I am NOT a computer geek at all. I do fairly well with internet stuff but blogger has it's way of stumping me. Email to follow...

QuiltSue said...

I do wish that blogger could tell us before they start their "improvements". It seems to me that at the moment everytime they improve one thing, they un-improve two!

Michele said...

I'm glad you got it figured out. I had some trouble last week leaving comments for a few days......I don't know what was going on.

Sparky said...

Yeah you are fixed in bloggerland...I use google chrome as my browser and don't have these issues.....sew good to hear an update that has worked..

JudyCinNC said...

My issue with Blogger has been that you have to keep signing in when you leave a comment. If you check "keep me signed in" then you are listed as anonymous on your comment. This has been going on for over six weeks. Anyone have any ideas for this one. Judy C in NCl: judyandmartyn@nc.rr.com

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Oh great! Every time they "fix" something , we get a whole new set of issues!!
I switched from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome, and have had very little trouble since then.

Cheryll said...

Sharon.. everyone understands when regulars don't answer...it's blogger!
I'll keep reading your blog whether you respond or not... you can't get rid of me THAT easily ...lol!
Cheers :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

I so hate when they update - I just get it working right when they do something and it goes haywire again! blessings, marlene

Samantha said...

Half the time when I try to leave comments, even before they started all this I can't, it tries to make me sign in about half a dozen times and still won't post my comments. Finally I give up. Hopefully this one will post, since when I tried to post a comment for you a couple of days ago it wouldn't let me LOL. See I just keep trying!

Sami

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Sorry you are having these issues. I also use Google Chrome and it eliminated lots of problems for me.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

I use Google Chrome and I have only had a few issues. But on the night of 14th - I needed my post up for the blog party up - blogger was acting up -- I thought it was the slow connection at the hospital. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one!

Thanks Sharon