Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sewing for Pleasure

I am enjoying just being able to sew for pleasure.  No pressure to finish and no need to really get something started.  I love all the Mug Rugs that are popping up - such a picture show of  self-interpretation of such a simple little project.
And I could just pull out something for whimsy - that darn barrel of scrap HSTs was calling me


And I could even take the time to fabric frame some simple cross stitch - a Fall and Winter done.
And I got to enjoy family time.  My very pregnant daughter and grandson came out for a visit.  She finished a few "secret" gifts on my machine while I spent time outdoors with my grandson.  We picked acorns and pinecones, rescued a few Geraniums (potted) for indoors, helped stack a little wood in the box for greatgrandma, took a ride on the outdoor swing, and fed the chipmonks and birds.  We timed our finishes perfectly.  Then out to a late lunch at a local cafe.  After they left, poor NaNa needed a nap, so curled up with furry and a quilt on the couch with an old B&W movie - Saratoga Trunk.  Needless to say, I don't remember watching the movie. 

Maybe I''ll have the North/South quilt done by next time - I changed my mind and decided to handquilt it.  But that one is staying with me, so I can take my time in finishing.  And I started my Spring cross stitch - lilacs.  Hoping your adding some sewing for pleasure time. 

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

5 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

Love your mug rugs. I'm gonna make some more!!!

Shannon said...

Your mug rugs are great. I need to try one. It sounds like you had a great time with your Grandson. Here's to a great weekend!!

Kris said...

Sharon - All of your projects are darling!! I had no idea what a mug rug was, but now I am seeing them pop up all the over the place and yours are great!!! Glad you got to spend sometime with your grandson!!! Especially outside!!!

Valerie said...

Hi There Sharon, thanks for commenting on my post and stopping by my blog :)
I love you banner image, that is one quilt project I've always wanted to do :) Nice inspiration here I can see and what a nice day spent with your grandson.
Valerie
http://PastimesOnline.ca/Vals-Quilting

ps I've added you to my rss feed ;)

Paula said...

I just love mug rugs, and yours are great. Good Job.

Thank you for joining me in my challenge. Hope to see you back again.

Cheers,
Paula